Has your leather purse been worn for a long time and become stained? If so, you will now be instructed on how to remove stains from leather bags at home.
Rules before we answer how to remove stains from leather bag
Since leather cannot be washed or cleaned in a regular way, here are some principles for you to not ruin your leather goods.
- Testing the stains remover product in a small area: If that product makes your leather product look worse, there is no use keeping them.
- Cleaning the leather bag right after it got stains: This is important. Always keep your eyes on the leather bags to know where to clean.
- Buying sealant sprays: This one will keep your leather bags waterproof, but you need to re-use it for a durable bag.
- Clean your leather bags regularly: This method will help your leather women bags to be long lasting and looks good.
Now, have you clearly explained before moving to how to remove stains from leather bag?
Methods of how to remove stains from leather bag
Here are some different options of how to remove stains from leather bag. You can experiment each way to find the easiest one (for you).
2.1. How to remove stains from leather bag using nail polish
Nail polish is probably the most recommended way when asking how to remove stains from leather bag.
- You should use a cotton swab to take the product, and then dip it onto the stains.
- Then, use a cloth to re-wash the area and clean it.
2.2. How to remove stains from leather bag using a damp cloth
- This is a more proper way. The professionals always use this method.
- First, you have to identify the stains, and then use a specialized cloth to clean it. Make sure you have put the cloth in water first.
- Wipe the damp cloth vertically and repeat the same while using a dry one to clean your leather bag.
Or maybe you love this: The Answer To What Is The Most Popular Women’s Handbag
2.3. How to remove stains from leather bag using shoe polish
Wow! This may sound weird, but it actually works.
- You can use the shoe polish on your Black leather items only in order not to have the difference in shades.
- Remember to use in each small amount so that your bag can be fixed well.
2.4. How to remove stains from leather bag using toothpaste
- Another use of toothpaste. Also, this ingredient is easy to find.
- This way is also easy. You can use it on an old toothbrush and wipe it on the stains, so that the stains will be reduced.
- After that, use a damp cloth to wipe it over.
2.5. How to remove stains from leather bag using lemon
This is the last method.
- With its high concentration of natural acids, lemon juice is an effective stain remover for leather bags.
- To keep things straightforward, you can slice a lemon, apply it in circular motions to your damp skin, then pat it dry with a clean, soft towel.
So, have you known how to remove stains from leather bags? Let us know.